Wednesday, June 23, 2010

An Accident Prone Family

With 5 kids, 2 dogs and a horse there were bound to be some sort of accidents. Well the horse is now gone and so is one of the dogs. They went to the farm in the sky. My older sister broke her leg when she was about 6 and then a little while later. She ended up with a cyst in her knee. My brother got stitches in his lip when he was 18 months and again about 18 months later. He then got stitches in his forehead when he was 7 or 8. I broke my pinky toe when I was about 13 (now 22) and we've had a couple sprained ankles and shin splints in between then and now. My dad recently got deployed and then my sister decided to brake her ankle playing Softball in May. She gets her cast off today though. Then the dog dies about 2 weeks ago. A week later my brother decides to try and scalp himself and ends up with 70 stitches in his head. He didn't really do it on purpose. He was walking under those wooden bridges at playgrounds and thought he had cleared it when he came up and hit his head. He had to of been coming up with such force to cause what he did. We are hoping that he is done because he has worked his way from his lip to his head. My sister's not so sure. There may be a few more broken bones and twisted ankles in the days to come.

How accident prone is your family?

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! That was some accident!!

    Let's see, Joel hurt his hand several years ago playing softball. Then he sprained his ankle coaching the boys' t-ball team a couple of months ago. Will's had a black eye a couple of times. Ben dislocated his elbow before Ellie was born. Then he was pushed off a toy in the backyard and cut the back of his head which required several staples. Ben cut Ellie's palm with scissors a couple of years ago. And Sam dislocated his elbow a few weeks back. That doesn't even take into account all the regular bruises and cuts and scrapes my kids get!

    ReplyDelete