Sunday, May 22, 2011

Operation Write Home

This is something that my heart has been set on doing for a while. Operation Write Home is a support group that makes cards for soldiers in the Middle East to write in and mail home to their families.  

Cards such as holiday cards, get well, I love you, thinking of you, miss you, happy birthday and so on. Not only do they make cards but YOU can make cards as well and send them in to be dispersed.


The reason this has been such a burden on my heart and mind the past couple of months is because my daddy was in Iraq and he used these cards to mail home. I would get a card from him almost every week and sometimes it was the highlight of my day.


I have wanted to make some cards and mail them to the troops because that card from mommy or daddy could maybe just make the day of another son or daughter. I haven't been able to start this venture because of school but I hope to begin soon.


Maybe even have a card making party one day. If you enjoy making cards and are creative then maybe this is an opportunity for you too. Let me know we might be able to get together. The website though has more information on the requirements of the cards and helpful links to help with ideas. Below are some sample images of cards I have received. 

No comments:

Post a Comment