Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Photo of the Week: Vibrant Color

I am a hobby photographer and have loved taking pictures ever since I was young. I got my first digital camera in 11th grade, but had many disposable or film cameras before then. Photography is the way that I am able to share with society the way I see beauty in this world.

I recently had the opportunity to display 6 of my pictures for sale at the New England Women's Conference. I can tell you that choosing just 6 was hard! Even though only one of them sold it was a great experience; from getting them printed, to choosing frame styles, to pricing them out.

One of my favorites from the 6 was this picture of a Sunflower with a Blue Hydrangea in the background. I took this picture a few years back at the Scituate Art Festival that happens every year and fell in love with it immediately. Every time I see it I just can't help but bright up a little bit. The colors are so contrasting against each other and the blue really makes the yellow just pop. The sunflower is a little droopy and closed but feels like it is looking straight at the observer as if to say "Hello, have a bright and sun shinny day." If I could, I would put one of these in every house to bring a little cheer to someone every day.


I'm a little country at heart and so when I looked at this picture I couldn't help but see it in one of those worn wooden frames. Lucky for me that is exactly what Hobby Lobby had when I set out to get the 6 pictures framed. After hours of choosing frames and picking matte colors with my roommate we finally found a winner and I was very happy with the end result. 




What does this picture make you think of when you see it? 

P.S. I print my pictures from a site called Mpix and would recommend them to anyone looking to get great quality prints. They are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment