Sunday, August 13, 2017

Must Have Summer Drink

Oh summer. Summer is one of my favorite seasons because it means sun, beach, outdoor fun, fresh produce, cookouts, and my birthday. Although, it also means the most quintessential summer side dish is back....Watermelon!! Who doesn't like watermelon? It's refreshing, sweet, juicy, and brings back childhood memories. A few years ago I came across Watermelon Lemonade and decided to make some. I hadn't made any since but since now living in the south with a blazing summer heat I figured some watermelon lemonade at VBS would be just the thing. It was a hit! (Plus it makes such a pretty color) You can find many recipes for it online but I would say they one could make it without a recipe. Just make it according to what tastes good to you. I'll list the ingredients below.

Watermelon (I like the personal size ones)
Lemon Juice
Sugar/Simple syrup
Water

Put the watermelon flesh in a blender and blend for a few seconds until watery. Pour it through a strainer to separate the pulp and seeds from the juice. I would suggest to start with 2 cups of watermelon juice and 1 cup of lemon juice. You can add more of each if you desire. Then add some boiling water and the sugar. The boiling water helps to dissolve the sugar better. Once the sugar is dissolved, add cold water. Mix and taste. Add more of whatever ingredient according to your taste. If you buy lemon juice there is usually a ratio of water to lemon juice on he bottle.

Start with a basic watermelon lemonade first and then branch out from there. I've added mint leaves to mine before.

Enjoy your summer lemonade experiments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment