Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Buttermilk Pancakes

Growing up we had a tradition of always having waffles for breakfast on Saturday. We carry on this tradition, even to this day, when we are all gathered together. As a single person, making one waffle is no fun or worth the time to pull the waffle maker out so I would make pancakes instead. I've slowly tweaked my recipe over time and found one that I like. (Funny pancake story: I remember when my roommate in college was blown away by the fact that you could make pancakes from scratch. Let's just say she discovered a lot that year in the kitchen.)

Buttermilk Pancakes
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons (tsp) baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Little less than 1/4 sugar (I always guess on the sugar)
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1-2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
Add fruit, chocolate, or spices (optional)

Your griddle should be on medium. Your batter should be thick. It should drop onto the griddle, not spread. Turn over the pancakes when there are bubbles forming on the top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment