Sunday, November 1, 2009

Non - traditional Halloween Party

Pizza, junk food, Scene It, crazy game of Turbo Cranium and talking to 1:45 am....what better way to spend Halloween night. Last night my roommates and I had a non-traditional Halloween party. We hosted a get together for all the students and people who did not want to be in the dorms on this very skanky night or sitting at home. We had about 20 people in the apartment at one point during the night and it was intense. Our entire dining room table was covered in junk food and snacks. People stayed till 1:45 am, which I am glad about because then they did not have to experience a Johnson & Wales/Providence Halloween. I do not understand why people think that it's ok to dress up in the least amount of clothing possible and go and get drunk. And people wonder why they get hit on, raped or butt pinched. Anyways, enough of that rant. Alissa made her famous Hummus, pumpkin seeds and taco dip. I made the cupcakes and famous stove - top popcorn. Elyse brought the games and Sherita brought the pizza. Everyone else brought the snacks and the fun.

Friday night my roommate Alon and I finally carved out mini pumpkins that we bough on Columbus day. They turned out really good actually. Alissa baked the pumpkin seeds for the party....they were soooo good. And Hannah R. came over to finish the movies we started the night before and to color pictures.

Everyone here says that my apple pie is really good and I promised my pastors wife that I would make it with her one day to show here, so that is what I did Friday. It was a lot of fun and I am glad that I was able to spend that time with her talking and getting to know her better. I also made and apple pie for the apartment which is half gone already :{ Get ready Uncle Tony and Aunt Trish, I might be baking up a storm at thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment