Friday, October 22, 2010

25 Years and Still Going Strong

This post is a tribute to my parents. They have been married for 25 years as of October 19th. For a couple's 25th they usually do something special, like go on a vacation or have a fancy dinner. My parents spent it in separate countries, thousands of miles from each other.
They met at Friendly's. My mom was a waitress and my dad was management I believe. Mom thought dad was annoying in the beginning and wouldn't go away but grandma loved him. Mom eventually came around and they began dating. My dad is one of the reasons my mom became a christian. Mom was raised catholic but always questioned the faith and practices. Dad was raised protestant, so she attended church with him a couple times. She became a christian and it's a good thing too because dad wouldn't have married her otherwise and I wouldn't be sitting in France right now doing something I absolutely love. They were married in 85' and my sister was born the next year. They have been through TDY after TDY, move after move, 5 kids, 3 dogs, stitches, broken bones and illnesses; and they are still together.
They are amazing parents and I couldn't of asked for better. They raised us in a christian home and showed love and kindness to everyone. They supported us in everything we did and still do and will love us no matter what. They also support each other in whatever comes their way and is the shoulder to lean on for the other. This is for them...the best parents in the world. Love you both :)

2 comments:

  1. Great tribute, Kim!! Congrats to your parents. 25 years is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thanks for sharing... I am sure this is a great encouragement to them as well! Praying for your parents during this separation....

    ReplyDelete