Sunday, December 6, 2009

New Trimester

Hey Everyone,
I hope your Thanksgiving was good and you had a great and memorable time with friends and family. I know I had a great time with my relatives, sister and dad. I am thankful for many things, people and all the gifts and blessings that God has bestowed upon me this year. One of these blessings this past break was a car. I am very grateful to have one. It is so much easier to get around to the grocery store and CSF and things like that. Now the whole big thing is finding a job.


There are a lot of changes happening this trimester. First there are new classes, Acct., Hosp Law, Beverage, and Contemporary Issues in the Food Service Industry. Then there is the fact that we do not have a campus minister anymore and so all the leaders at CSF are going to have to step it up a notch and take on more responsibility. We are planning a lot of new things for CSF this year, different ideas to switch up our weekly meetings and also ways to get people from the church and students to interact with each other.


My classes this tri I think are not going to be hard and I am looking forward to my Beverage class the most. We are going to be tasting different types of drinks; water, coffee, tea, wine, beer, spirits, liquors, sparkling wines, etc. You get the idea. But this stuff fascinates me and I enjoy it a lot. I also like the class because there is no homework except for a project. My law professor is a fun individual who has tons of stories to tell about his time as a lawyer and all the cases he did or remembers. His head also contains a lot of facts and dates that you would not think someone could remember. I know I had trouble remembering dates of things if it was not important.

It rained all day today and so around 4pm my roommate Alissa and myself decided to go for a little drive to Smithfield crossing. We found the cutest Christmas hanger for out door at Kohls and then when we walked outside it was snowing. At that moment it finally seemed like December. Earlier this week it was in the mid to high 60s. When is it ever in the 60s in December in New England. This led to a night of hot chocolate and crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment