Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas

I'm a little behind on writing about everything but I am going to try and catch you all up.

So every christmas morning we have cinnamon rolls, open our stockings and read the christmas story from the book of Luke. We then open our gifts from under the tree. There were some really crazy gifts given this year. It's funny because everyone that I tell about this stuff laughs and thinks we are cray giving and getting gifts like this. Well last year my dad decided to get us compound bow & arrows and I also got a professional Belgian Waffle maker. This year however, I received tools (alan wrenches, pliers, a measuring tape, work gloves, etc.). My sister Rachel got an Egyptian sword from my older sister and my brother Nathan got an English shield (legit size and everything) from her as well. It was the year of weird and out there gifts. I also got this old pottery punch set that is really amazing.
We cleaned up and while my brother was trying out his new wii game my mom was in the kitchen making dinner. We helped of course. We sat down at the end of all the hard work to a delicious ham, roasted potatoes and carrots, homemade bread, stuffed mushrooms, mashed potatoes and stuffing.....I'm getting hungry just typing about it. And for dessert we had homemade apple pie and pecan tarts with eggnog. I almost forgot the christmas crackers. We always have christmas crackers at christmas. Everyone holds one and crosses their arms and holds the end of the person's next to them, so that the whole table is linked. You then pull as hard as you can and whoever gets the bigger end gets the prize inside. It normally consists of a paper crown, a joke and a toy.

 That night we watched Poirot. We receive British TV so we get a lot of British shows and there seem to be a lot of detective shows. Poirot is a Belgian detective, with a funny mustache, who lives in England and solves murders. We love the show for some reason and they always have a christmas special on and we watch it every year.

What are some family traditions that you do at christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment